- Understand the fundamental concepts of Computational Fluid Dynamics and its applications.
- Learn the basic principles of fluid flow and heat transfer.
- Familiarize with the ANSYS Fluent user interface and its various tools and capabilities.
- Develop the skills to set up, solve, and post-process CFD simulations using ANSYS Fluent.
- Gain practical experience through hands-on exercises and case studies.
- Learn best practices for CFD simulation setup and interpretation of results.
Fluid dynamics plays a crucial role in a wide range of fields, from aerospace engineering and automotive design to weather prediction and environmental studies. Traditionally, the study of fluid dynamics relied heavily on experimental methods and theoretical models. While these approaches are valuable, they can be time-consuming, expensive, and limited in their scope.
This is where Computational Fluid Dynamics comes in. CFD combines the power of advanced mathematical models, numerical methods, and high-performance computing to simulate and analyze fluid flows. By harnessing the computational capabilities of modern computers, we can obtain detailed insights into complex fluid behavior, optimize designs, predict performance, and explore scenarios that would be challenging or impossible to study experimentally.
In this course, we will guide you through the fundamental principles of CFD, equipping you with the knowledge and skills necessary to get started with your own simulations. Whether you are an engineering student, a practicing engineer, or simply curious about fluid dynamics, this course will provide a solid foundation for understanding and applying CFD techniques.